SF State is seeking applicants for the SF State Guardian Scholars Program who:
- We serve current and former foster youth who are/were Dependents in Juvenile Dependency Court (WIC 300 status) and Wards of the Juvenile Court (WIC 602 status) who have been in out-of-home placement (e.g. foster homes, groups homes, THP-Plus FC, etc.)
- Qualify for admission to SF State as a freshman or transfer student
- Qualify for admission and be admitted into EOP as a freshman or transfer student
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA by the priority filing date
To remain eligible for the program, the recipient must:
- Maintain an overall 2.5 GPA or higher
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 units of course work
- Maintain continuous enrollment at SF State (unless a formal leave of absence is granted)
- Participate in all aspects of the program (meetings, events, mentoring, career mapping, etc.)
- Be receptive to staff monitoring academic performance and university records
- Abide by all university standards for appropriate university code of conduct and community behavior
Apply to the SF State Guardian Scholars Program
In order to apply for the SF State Guardian Scholars Program please complete our online Application Form. After completing the application, a Guardian Scholars staff will contact you to set up an interview.
Please fill out the entire application and do not leave any blanks. If a question cannot be answered, please mark it with N/A. The application comes with a checklist so please be aware of the different requirements and listed due dates.