COVID-19 Modified Work Environment:
The Guardian Scholars Program office is open on campus. All services are available Online (Zoom) and On-Campus (In-Person) to accomodate everyone.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Office Phone Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm - (415) 405-0546
All Other Inquiries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional COVID-19 information, visit the University COVID-19 Website
Guardian Scholars Program
The Guardian Scholars Program (GSP) is a part of the Educational Opportunity & Pathway Programs (EOPP), in collaboration with the School of Social Work. Launched in the Summer of 2005, the Guardian Scholars Program is a comprehensive program tailored to fit the needs of undergraduate students who are current or former foster youth. The individual case management services offered through the program augment the academic advising focus of the other EOPP programs. The Guardian Scholars Program partners with on-campus departments and works with off-campus social service groups to ensure a pipeline for CSU eligible youth in foster care. Each year, the program admits both first-time freshmen and transfer students. The combined partnership between the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) and the SF State School of Social Work defines a commitment to student success and academic achievement.
Through advocacy, support, and empowerment, the SF State Guardian Scholars Program creates a vibrant community to engage current and former foster youth to attain college degrees, stable housing, and career path employment.
- Value yourself
- Value your community
- Value responsibility
- Value your right to succeed
- Value your future
- Value your strengths
- The SF State Guardian Scholars Program is helping former/current foster youth stay in college and graduate.
- The SF State Guardian Scholars Program encourages participants to reach their full potential through multidisciplinary academic disciplines and active participation in community service.
- The SF State Guardian Scholars program offers priority year-round on-campus housing.
- The SF State Guardian Scholars Program is a self-supporting grant-based program that has cultivated a supportive and cohesive community.
Help Support GSP
To give by check, make all checks payable to "University Corporation SF State Guardian Scholars Program" and mail to:
San Francisco State University
Office of University Development
1600 Holloway Avenue, ADM 153
San Francisco, CA 94132
Thank you to our sponsors, donors, and volunteers for their generosity and continued support!
For general questions, feel free to email GSP at email@example.com or call at (415) 405-0546
To view PDF files, please download Adobe Reader